Sunday, February 22, 2015

Homemade popcorn. It's Easy!!!

30 mph winds, and 10'F windchill. I walked outside to put my car wipers up, when I ran inside I felt my face. It was ice cold! I was only outside for less than a minute.  I will never get used to this weather. I have been in Oklahoma for one year and eight months yet and I still have no adjusted.  The good part about this OK cold is that you have an excuse to eat!

Eating is what I do best on these cold Oklahoma days.  

Since moving to Lawton, Oklahoma I have been domesticated. 

Today I made homemade popcorn on the stove! I added two tablespoons of oliver oil to the bottom of metal pot.  I added 1/3 to the heated oil on medium heat.  After putting a lid on, I waited for the kernels to pop reducing the heat.  I then added a homemade pesto sauce to my popcorn and tossed. 

-1/3 Cup of Popcorn Kernels
-2 Tablespoons of EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Ca Cold Pressed
-Heat up oil to a medium heat, in a pot with a lid.  I use a stainless steal pot with a glass lid so I can watch my kernels pop.  Once the kernels pop reduce the heat.  Allow to pop and shake the pot so popcorn does not burn.

Add pesto sauce and toss!

Pesto:
-A handfull of pesto leaves
-1/2 Cup of EVOO
-Salt to taste
-Pepper to taste
-Red chili flakes to taste
-Parmesan cheese to taste
-1 tablespoon Lime or Lemon 

and Voila!!! You are domesticated!

Next up my attempts at making a healthy banana bread


No comments:

Post a Comment